Joseph Davis – Technology and Internet Marketing Consultant
Joe Davis is a web technology and internet marketing consultant with over 15+ years of experience in the industry. He has helped a wide variety of businesses achieve their technical and marketing goals.
Everyone from the solo accountant to the fortune 500 company can and will benefit from an easy to use, highly functional web presence combined with an effective marketing strategy.
The digital marketplace brings together businesses and consumers in a revolutionary space. This virtual world provides a platform for information, goods and services to flow in entirely new ways. Cell phones and other mobile devices are again changing the way we access information. They allow billions of people to access to your site wherever, whenever.
Google, Bing, Yahoo, and to a lesser extent other search engines are the new 5th avenue. Placement is perhaps even more important in the virtual world than it is in the physical one. In a place where more than three quarters of the people never go past the first page of search results, and make a decision whether to stay on the site or not in under 10 seconds, several things become evident.
- If you aren’t on the first page, you don’t exist
- If your site is hard to use, your users will leave
Now let’s put this in the positive.
- When you are at the top of the search results page, everyone sees you and the vast majority will make a selection from that front page.
- Because of the mobile issue, this really should be divided into two
- When a user an easy time finding what they want and a great time doing it, that is what converts a visitor into a customer
- Mobile may not be everything, but it is over a billions somethings! Having a mobile version of your site is telling your mobile users hey, we made this just for you!
Determining what your online presence should be doing, is the first step to success.